On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 05:57:34AM +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
> In addition, spammers seem to be getting wise to SpamAssassin: I'm
> seeing more and more e-mail get through (both personally and in the
> mail-news gateway).

I'm surprised that spamassassin found "Dear Somebody" as the only suspicious
content in that message [ruby-talk:69424] when it is a boilerplate
money-transfer scam. Perhaps a newer version would have a better ruleset?

I notice it has a Bayesian filter now, which could be worth training up with
a bunch of normal ruby-talk postings since many words used on this list are
very unlikely to appear in spams.

As for getting wise - personally I think the absolute volume of spam is just
increasing exponentially...

Cheers,

Brian.