Saluton!

* Daniel Carrera <dcarrera / math.umd.edu>; 2003-04-15, 16:44 UTC:
> Could someone point me to an open-source SPAM filter that I can
> install on a computer where I'm not the sysadmin?

Yes.

> I'm on a Solaris system, so I'd most likely need something
> available in source form so I can compile it for this platform.

No.

SCNR :-)

Visit http://freshmeat.net/ search for SPAM. What to use? Depends on
what you have and (dis)like. Many SPAM filters work like procmail:

cat $HOME/.forward
"| exec /usr/bin/procmail"

If you want Ruby that could be $HOME/bin/gurgitate-mail in place of
procmail :-)

"gurgitate-mail" is a program which reads your mail and filters it
according to the .gurgitate-rules.rb file in your home directory.
The configuration file uses Ruby syntax and is thus quite flexible.

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt