On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 03:41 PM, Brian Candler wrote:
> No, it certainly is filtered. Look at the headers of the spams which
> get
> through: for example the most recent one had

The mail-news gateway is filtered: I run SpamAssassin on messages going
to both directions. However, the mailing list itself is open, so anyone
can post to ruby-talk directly.

In addition, spammers seem to be getting wise to SpamAssassin: I'm
seeing more and more e-mail get through (both personally and in the
mail-news gateway). I was on the point of reducing the threshold a bit
to see if it made things better. Does anyone have any experience to
share here?

Cheers

Dave