Saluton!

* Sam Roberts <sroberts / uniserve.com>; 2003-04-14, 10:01 UTC:
> RFC 2047 is the MIME standard that describes how to use non-ascii
> character sets in internet mail. This library takes the approach
> that if you give it a string that might have RFC 2047 encoded words
> in it, and tell it what character set you'd like the string to be
> in, it will convert it (using iconv).

The library seems to work fine with western character sets but it has
problems with Japanese (and possibly other languages as well).

I did use Mew (written in Japan) to write a message with ISO-2022-jp
encode header. The subject did read 'hiragana katakana j?y?-kanji'
where all words were written in the way they indicate (e.g. hiragana
in hiragana). Displaying the message header did leave my kanji
terminal (rxvt) in an unusable state - even issuing the 'reset'
command didn't help. I'll send a message entitled: "RFC 2047 to
hiragana, katakana to j?y?-kanji" to the list so that you have
something for testing purposes and the Japanese among us can inform
us if my message happens to be broken in their mailer (I would be
surprised if that is the case).

Thats how life is at the b?leeding edge: You are b?leeding >;->

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt