Hi,

By all means please feel free to post, but please also follow the standard
Usenet netiquitte posting guidelines for the "Big 8" newsgroups (which
includes comp.lang.ruby, and which ruby-list is mirrored to).

While we managed to get comp.lang.ruby approved with one of the least
stringent newsgroup charters around (to allow maximum lattitude of
discussions and questions and announcements), we are nevertheless
obligated to encourage standard Usenet netiquitte.

Moreover, these guidelines make life easier for people who use mail
readers and news readers that differ from yours, they make perusal of
various archives easier, and they make it easier for other people to
follow posts. This is a relevant snippet from the comp.lang.ruby Newsgroup
FAQ:

    (a) General format guidelines:

        - Use *plain* text; don't use HTML, RTF, or Word.
        - Include examples from files as *in-line* text; don't
          use attachments.
        - PLEASE NOTE! Include quoted text from previous posts
          *BEFORE* your responses. And *selectively* quote as much
          as is relevant.

Thanks.

Conrad Schneiker