On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 05:17:59PM +0900, Mauricio Fern?ndez wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 03:24:47PM +0900, james_b / neurogami.com wrote:
> > Yet another programming language list.
> >
> > TIOBE Programming Community Index for April 2003
> > http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm
> >
> > Ruby is at position 23.
> (...)
> This ignores, for instance, the fact that Japanese users of Ruby tend not
> to write 'programming' in their webpages.

Hey, have a look at the listing. Java is #1. How more fucked
up could it be ? (Except if it measures "What to do when you're
SO lost with language >x< websites:")

pos lang    problem                                      advice
#1  Java    "Sorry this language is too dumb for me"     "then act like this"
#2  C       "But it crashes!"                            "strcpy does NOT get space for you!"
#3  C++     "But it crashes!"                            "handle references right then!"
#4  Perl    %#{@$}!!!!                                   %#{@_->[0]}!!!!
#5  VBA     da da ugh dee da da                          get a soother
#6  HTML    "I can't program it!"                        *HTML* is no _programming language_!
#7  PHP     "Where's my MySQL Module?"                   "Learn Linux Administration first!"
#8  JScript "This won't work with browser X"             "Place a banner 'designed for browser Y'"
#9  SQL     "But due to SQL XY I may ..."                "SQL XY isn't supported, use SQL XY-2 instead"
#10 C#      da da ugh dee da da                          get a soother with "Java" written on it
#11 XML     "I can't program it!"                        *XML* is no _programming language_!

seems to fit. I think it was better for Ruby if it did not appear on the
listing _AT ALL_, it's a shame to be on there. I mean, check the neighbor-
hood. Ugh. *shiver*

-Martin :)