Hi,

At Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:58:19 +0900,
Sam Roberts wrote:
> I think what is happening is that GNU iconv
> (ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv/libiconv-1.7.tar.gz), when not
> compiled as part of the system, is #defining iconv() to libiconv().
>
> It appears that when extconf.rb looks for iconv(), the c file it
> generates doesn't include <iconv.h>, so it never sees the define.

You're right, remove second "iconv" from have_library.  I've
forgotten that it's already done in 1.8 and shim.

| Mon Mar 18 12:52:01 2002  WATANABE Hirofumi  <eban / ruby-lang.org>
|
| 	* ext/iconv/extconf.rb: workaround for GNU libiconv.

I remembered that iconv extension library is no longer
maintained as sole package.  Now you can find the latest in
standard package of development version, or shim package.

  <http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=shim-ruby16_18>

--
Nobu Nakada