On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 06:01:04 +0200, Simon Strandgaard wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 20:35:26 +0000, Steve Hart wrote:
>
>> I had a problem compliling the tutorial code - it fails looking to libdl
>> Easy to fix or prob at my end?
>
> From previous posts I know that you are running linux.. My own system
> is freebsd5.  This difference is probably the problem.

linux-slackware problems with libdl, see:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=01bc1682%24705e0260%24170f989e%40cdmack.demon.co.uk&rnum=9&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26q%3Dwhat%2Bis%2Blibdl%2B

what is libdl ?
libdl.so is a dynamic linking library that is generally of use only for
porting applications. If you are porting a BeOS application that requires
dlopen, dlclose, dlerror, dlsym, dladdr, or dlfcn.h, then you can use this library.

libdl.so is a wrapper to the add-on functions with the semantics of the
dl (dynamic linking) library. This is used for finding shared objects at
run time. If the items are not found the program can continue to run.
(description ripped from bebits.com :-)

What linux distribution are you using ?

--
Simon Strandgaard