(This question assumes that the unary `*' (used in arrays and such) is
called "splat".  If not, please translate this into something which makes
sense.)

I was wondering if there's a reason we couldn't splat an array into itself.
There's no way currently to do it (no syntax for it), but would it be
impossible to do?  I was thinking something like this would produce an
infinite array of ones:

  a = [1, *a]  #  Doesn't work because `a' isn't defined.

or this:

  a = [1]
  a << *a  #  Parse error.

or this:

  a = [1]
  a[1] = *a
  a  #  -->  [1, 1]  (Of course.)

Would this be impossible because when a splat is encountered, the objects
are injected into the other array at that moment?  (It seems like Ruby could
just wait on that.)

It's just one of those things from functional programming that I don't see
how to do in Ruby.

Chris