> Hi, Cedric.  This is most likely not a problem specific to Ruby/LDAP.
> Your LDAP server should have a search size parameter.  The purpose of this
> parameter is to avoid large, unindexed queries against the database.  If
> you have control over the LDAP server, one solution would be to index the
> attributes that you are attempting to query against.
>
> To verify that it isn't specifically a Ruby/LDAP problem you could try the
> same query using the ldapsearch command line tool.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Chad

I'm not sure the pb come from the server.

How can i modify the field "Size Limit" in the search request ?
I've analysed the request with ethereal and my ldap client (evolution)
send a "Size Limit: 100" and my script a "Size Limit: 0"

I do exactly the same searche request (exept the field "Size Limit") with evolution and my script,
evolution get the answer and my script received a "Size limit exceeded".

I've looked in the doc and examples of the library but without any
solution for this.