http://cliki.tunes.org/Ruby

has an odd (to my mind) first paragraph
<quote>
A interpreted object-oriented programming language based on the
concepts of Smalltalk while being oriented to command-line
processing almost exclusively, so it has a terse punctuation-style
syntax with libraries centered around text-processing and Unix shell
functionality. It interestingly supports continuations, although
this is not an advertised feature.
</quote>

"oriented to command-line processing almost exclusively"?  Doesn't
sound like Ruby to me.  I'm not even sure what this means -- is it
"for implementing shells" or "Ruby is little more than Getopt"?

"it has a terse punctuation-style syntax"?  Compared with what?
[COBOL? :-)]

Maybe someone more on the academic side of computer science can
understand what was really meant here, and suggest mods to this.  I
think CLU and Perl probably should be mentioned near Smalltalk....

        Hugh