On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Peter Hickman wrote:

> As an aside not only would the origonal spam be removed by your rules,
> but your comment on the spam and Brians' comment on your comment. For
> for one spam we would have two false positives.

But those 2 "false positives" were a direct result of the spam. Without
the spam, they would not have been posted. That's 3 unnecessary messages
for 1 spam.

> This is why killing spam is so hard.

True, and this is why killing spam is so important.

Did no-one ever tell you that nothing worthwhile is ever easy? :)
(other than learning ruby, of course)

Cheers,
Mike
--
Mike Wyer     <mike / wyer.org>     www.wyer.org/mike     07974 254007

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather...
  ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car"