On Thu, 9 Apr 2003, Michael Campbell wrote:

> > ri was comprehensive for Ruby 1.6(.1) - the new one is
>
> I can't get the .tgz to expand on a windows box.  I d/l it twice
> thinking it might be a corruption problem.  I tried both winzip and
> cygwin's zcat and compress; they all griped it was not a valid
> archive.  (Yes, I'm unix-savvy.)

If you got it directly from that link on the page Dave gave, this is a
sourceforge thing:  Dave reminded me that this tgz link (with a url
of the form '....tgz?download') actually points to an html page with
the real URL on it.  I intend to write a ruby program to get around
this nonsense for next time I want something from sourceforge.  I
don't know when I'll get time for that though.

> Anyone else have this problem?

        Hugh.