Anders Bengtsson <ndrsbngtssn / yahoo.se> wrote in message news:<1049228859.1137.42.camel / spinoza>...
> Mark Volkmann wrote:
> > Is development of JRuby still active?
>

> We've done some work since then that's in the CVS only. But none of us
> major contributors have had much time for JRuby the last few months, so
> things are moving very slowly.

That's too bad...I was hoping to see JRuby 1.0 released, so that the
Ruby community would have a tool to rapidly prototype in Java, just as
the Python people had JPython, now Jython, to develop Java
applications.  If I recall, JPython was developed and put in place in
a fairly short amount of time.

How usable is JRuby right now?  I had a look at the todo list, but am
still not sure what major functionalities are missing.

Arthur