Brian Candler wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 11:09:50PM +0900, Damphyr wrote:
>
>>Class Experiment
>>   def doMethod(nameofmethod)
>>	self.extend nameofmethod
>>   end
>>end
>>
>>the above does not execute (I know, I tried :)) ) and it would be silly
>>if it did (I guess I'm a bit silly for trying :) ).
>>And that is what that
>>
>> very_clever_method_takes_string_returns_module(modulename)
>>
>>should do.
>

> Ah - I thought you were going to return the module itself, not a string of
> the module name. See Guy's response about const_get.

And yes, I think I will subscribe to the belief that has Guy talk in
Ruby almost exclusively :)

> Something else which might be useful in your toolbox is Kernel#autoload:

Back to the manual...and back again.
This is very interesting. Combining const_get, autoload and a couple of
  naming restrictions one can build some pretty flexible structures.
It's nice that my initial enthusiasm about Ruby is being so handsomely
rewarded - I guess this'll be one Saturday spent coding :))).
Thanks guys (although my girlfriend probably will hate you all).
V.-
P.S.
Guy says:

Object.const_get("MyModule")

and he's right. The reference in the PP book puts const_get in Module
though - is there something hidden in there, or is it just an error in
the reference?

--
http://www.freemail.gr - δωρεάν υπηρεσία ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου.