Hi

Is it possible to create a binary install for ruby on unix.
I need to provide a tar file of an installed ruby interpreter.
The complication comes that the person installing this
can put the tree anywhere they want. From what I can tell,
this will confuse ruby on where to look for libraries.

Is this true? Is there a way to change the location of
site_ruby after it is installed?

My one workaround that I have thought about using, but would rather
not, is to have a bogus site_dir and use the RUBYLIB env
variable to point to the real site_dir.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Jim Freeze