Hi folks,

I'm working on version 2.0 of Midgard - a content management system/application server sort of like Zope, but not really (http://www.midgard-project.org).

2.0 is a major re-write and will include support for multiple languages (the current version is closely tied to PHP).

I'm looking at Ruby source and seriously considering borrowing code (in particular the object support) and grafting it deep into the core of Midgard 2.0.  This would make Ruby the "de-facto" language for Midgard 2.0 hacking (although other languages would still be supported). Before I do this I have a few questions:

1. How easy is it to participate in Ruby development given that I don't speak Japanese (I'd like to learn, but that would take a few years).

2. Are there existing application servers for Ruby?

Thanks for any feedback,

Ami.