On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:54:12 +0900, Pe?a, Botp wrote:

> Simon Strandgaard [mailto:0bz63fz3m1qt3001 / sneakemail.com] wrote:
>> Hi ruby fellows
>>
>> I am working on a tutorial on how to embed ruby into c++.
>>
>> http://metaeditor.sourceforge.net/embed/index.html
>>
>>This document is still in a very early stage.
>>I would like to hear your opinions about it?
>>
>>Do you have any experience with embedding and want to share
>>some ideas?
>
> I do not have ideas but comments only :-) I like your work, keep it up. Your
> diagrams remind me of RStevens' illustrated series. Keep up the good work.
> This could help ruby a lot.
>
> kind regards -botp

Thanks alot :-)

Was there any places which was totaly non-intuitive, where you stopped and
thought what is this about?

Is there any important things missing?

Have you looked at <main.cpp /> ?

I am experimenting with implementing the <Redirect /> class in SWIG.
I will write a more advanced section on this topic later.

The way initialization of Redirect::RubyInit() is using a class-variable
named <global_view />. This is a dirty trick... I do not if there is
other ways to do it?  or if this is the "right way (TM)" ?

--
Simon Strandgaard

BTW.
I have never read any of Richard W. Stevens material. Is any of his
networking books online?