In article <b6adov02gsc / enews4.newsguy.com>,
Phil Tomson <ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com> wrote:
>In article <4073f87c.0303311341.72931c07 / posting.google.com>,
>Craig Selton <craigselton / yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>I kind of see your point, but on the other hand after reading the
>>explanation I can kind of see how that particular process with wait
>>works.  I'm not sure how you would use that behavior in a real life
>>model (I would have to think about it) but I suppose it might be nice
>>to have that option.  So I'm not sure I would disallow the use of wait
>>inside of a process with a sensitivity list.
>
>Well, I looked at it this morning and found that it would be very
>difficult to disallow wait statements in processes with sensitivity
>lists... and, as you mention, perhaps someone would actually find this a
>useful 'feature'.  So, I'll just deal with it in the documentation ("You
>can use wait statements in a process with a sensitivity list, but the
>results may not be what you expect.  It is probably best to use wait
>statements only in a process without a sensitivity list but this is not
>enforced by RHDL.")

I just updated the RHDL User's Guide with this info.  I also added more
info about creating and simulating designs.

http://www.aracnet.com/~ptkwt/ruby_stuff/RHDL/UsersGuide.html

NOTE: the wait_for method described in the docs is not yet implemented in
the 0.4.2 version - I'll include it in 0.4.3 to be released in a week or
so.

Phil