On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:03:40 +0000, Julian Snitow wrote:

> David King Landrith wrote:

>>> Interesting but I doubt its necessarity and worthfulness.
>>

>> Likewise with your reply.
>>

> Ouch.
> I'm sure antagonizing people will *really* make them want to help you...

I'm afraid I'm on David's side with this one. If I post here saying, "I
need to do bla bla bla," I'm not helped by someone who posts back saying,
"That's interesting, but I don't think it's necessary or worthwhile." If
they don't understand why I need to do something and they want to know,
they can ask rather than casting aspersions.

Certainly it is often the case that there is a better way to do what
someone thinks they want to do, especially if they are a beginner, as I
still am with Ruby. But the way to handle that is to ask the question I've
seen asked innumerable times in this and similar groups: "What is it
you're trying to do, ultimately?"

-rest snipped-

--
Tim Kynerd  Sundbyberg (sm?stan i storstan), Sweden  tkynerd / spamcop.net
Sunrise in Stockholm today:  6:22