Hello list,

A few problems with the debugger using the 1.8 preview2.

First, a object that is displayed properly using:  p objectName   is not displayed the same way when using the display feature.  Using display, the object address is displayed.  For the object in question, ObjectName#to_s also displays the object address.  This is undesirable behavior (unless there is a magic command to use with display that I am unaware of).

Second, frequently the "finish" command does not work.  I believe this may only happen during object initialization, but I'm not certain.

Lastly, frequently the debugger does not stop at a breakpoint.

--
Seth Kurtzberg
MIS Corp