On Sunday, March 30, 2003, 10:31:55 PM, Bil wrote:

> OK, so I admit: I'm stupid.  How do I save the code I've generated
> during an irb session?

You're not (necessarily) stupid.  irb has no obvious code export
feature.  And I can't give you a real answer, but since it's a
low-traffic time, I'll try to point you in a helpful direction.

If you search the list for 'irb' and 'history', you should find
something in the last two months about how you can access irb's
history programatically from within irb.  If you can work out how to
do that (perhaps it's even in the docs?, after all, it just uses
readline), then you can write a method that writes the entire history
to the named file.

Put that method in your ~/.irbrc file, and it will be accessible from
the irb prompt.

Cheers,
Gavin