> I am very interested attempting an IDE of some sort for Ruby. I would like
> to make it a kind of extreme programming sort of IDE. Anyhow that isn't my
> question, how easily I digress :)
>
> I would like to use QT for the GUI and I'm running KDE2.0. Before I get too
> involved with this project. Does anyone know if Ruby/QT works with QT2.2
> and above?
>
> I'd prefer to use an OO sort of widget set if possible.

I suppose, that you want to programm the IDE in Ruby.
if not, check out Kdevelop(www.kdevelop.org).
it is written in C++ and the next release (2.0) will be redisigned
and one of the developers told me, that there will also be
a tutorial how to add support for other languages than C/C++.

maybe this is something for you. but you have to code in
C++.  good bindings for Qt exist AFAIK only vor python.
Ruby and Perl-bindings are unstable

markus