On Friday 28 March 2003 02:55 pm, Daniel Berger wrote:
> So, in addition to comments about how the YAML should look, what do
> folks think about a Ruby/SQL/YAML phrasebook in general?  Comments,
> suggestions, API specific ideas all welcome.

Yeah, cool.  I've added a basic schema to your wiki page and a few comments.

My suggestion would be to take a look at okay/news.rb in the YAML.rb install.
Make an okay/sql.rb that simply provides loader/dumper/validator capability.
Also, I encourage all !okay types to be loaded as Ruby classes, not as Hashes
(or other underlying type).  The schema should go at the end of the file.

The actual phrasebook translation should happen in a different module.  So if
a person wanted to supply classes directly to the phrasebook, they could
easily do so.  In addition, if someone wanted to supply a different backend
to okay/sql, it would be nicely decoupled for them.

That is all.

_why