Hello,
I've made a static binary of ruby for Macintosh OS X. It's in a disk
image at:
http://homepage.mac.com/digibren/FileSharing1.html

it should run fine out of ~/Applications or similar.

it includes dlcompat and readline 4.3 linked in. no tcl/tk or win32
stuff. I haven't tested it on another machine besides my own so pls let
me know if it gives errors due to missing files or something. it should
run fine out of ~/Applications or similar.

I am reading up on OS X bundles...ideally there could be a Ruby.app
which bundles in all the libraries too. I looked for a cross-platform
way of bundling in "lib" all-together and saw some past discussion. I
didn't really find anything implemented beyond Scarf (
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/downloads/scarf.html ) -- if
there is any recent similar way of bundling or if anyone has hacked
scarf some more, pls point me in the right direction.

I do plan to try to include ruby-cocoa in a future version but when I
tried today there were some framework issues that needed to be
re-configured so I haven't done that yet.

regards,
Brennan