Tobias Peters (tpeters / uni-oldenburg.de) wrote:

> No. I just encounter similar problems with almost any extension for
> mingw-ruby.

I just tested the procedure to build Ruby-GTK2 bindings for MinGW & MSYS
environment (the howto has to be written - may later today evening :-)

After building Ruby bindings I tried to execute gtk-demo sample and it
works. This is on my Linux box running Win98 under Win4Lin.

However, when I try to run the same application on native Win98 with the
built Ruby-GTK2 libraries, the script complains about not finding the
required library, although it's there.

Native GTK gtk-demo applications runs fine on native Win98 with GTK+ Runtime libraries
installed.

The question is: MinGW built applications and libraries should be
executable under native Win environment. How to do that ie. can you
execute and/or use applications/libraries which are built with mingw?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour