I have a few gripes with the Ruby interface to GNU readline.

1) Empty lines should not be added to the history buffer. Or at least, I
should get some say in this matter.
2) I'd really like to be able to control or get rid of command completion
altogether, like using the readline function
  int rl_bind_key (int key, rl_command_func_t *function);

If I knew the first thing about writing C for Ruby, I'd try implementing some
of this myself, but I don't... Maybe someone could give me some pointers in
the right direction? I'm still using 1.6.7, has this module changed since
then?

Tim Bates
--
tim / bates.id.au