> I'm going to advocate during the lecture that there's a "right language
> for the job" and it may be Ruby, or Python, or Perl, or C, or Java, or
> Eiffel, or Lisp, or Haskell, etc., depending on what you want to do.
>
> People shouldn't feel... monogomous. :D (Yes, that is the wrong word.)

How about, "People shouldn't be monoglots."

I like Ruby because you don't have to work on /it/ to get it to work.

I had a text processing program to write recently. I went to the Perl
reference to refresh my memory, then started writing. I realized I
needed to create objects to represent pieces of text, so I poked around
in the manual. I thought I was at Sunday brunch at my mother's,
"blessing hash." I dumped Perl for Ruby once again. Ruby will be my
first choice from now on.

My $0.02

Regards,
  JJ