mike / ratdog.stok.co.uk (Mike Stok) wrote:
> In article <1048466384.21898.33.camel / traken>,
> Jim Weirich  <jweirich / one.net> wrote:
>
> >I suspect that despite all the technical differences between Ruby and
> >Python, the indentation issue is single largest reason for prefering
> >one over the other.
>
> Another thing is the attitude of the community built around the
> language.  For me that very subjective sense is why I still use Perl
> and am enthusiastic about Ruby but am neutral to negative about
> Python. All three languages are powerful and have a lot in common.
>
> A person's choice of language may say as much about the person as the
> language :-)

I'm going to advocate during the lecture that there's a "right language
for the job" and it may be Ruby, or Python, or Perl, or C, or Java, or
Eiffel, or Lisp, or Haskell, etc., depending on what you want to do.

People shouldn't feel... monogomous. :D (Yes, that is the wrong word.)

--
Greg McIntyre
greg / puyo.cjb.net