ara howard wrote:
> i did this so many times i decided to put it in one place.  i've found
> it to be more usefull that true singletons - which it can still be
> used as.

Like a multiton truck? ;)

Actually, this is kind of a nice way to explain things like Fixnums,
Floats, and Symbols, which have no #new class method, but you can still
get instances. "Why can't I call Float.new?" "It's a multiton."

Also a nice way to handle geometric objects (points, etc.) assuming that
you want to operate on them in a non-mutable way. (I guess the #instance
method would freeze the object in those cases.)