Hi all,

I'm wondering how I would write a program such as 'tee' in ruby while
being able to catch the exit status of the program teed.

ls /sldjclsc | tee.rb out
echo $?

would actually echo 1

is this possible? it would require that the exit status get's passed in
the pipe. Does it?

My problem is really this...
I'm trying to write a makefile in such a way that I get all the results
of a run in the makefile at the same time as logging the output.
However, since I'm using tee, the make file doesn't exit with an error
if the call I'm making returns with an error as 'tee' supresses it.

Suggestions are welcome.

db

--
Mar 25 	Triangle Shirt Waist Fire, 1911
Mar 25 	Greek Independence Day in Cyprus