Tobias Peters (tpeters / invalid.uni-oldenburg.de) wrote:

> Here's what I usually do: install all header and library files that you
> need in the MinGW directory, _not_ in the msys directory (configure with
> --prefix=C:/MinGW). After that, run ruby extconf.rb from a DOS prompt,
> _not_ from the msys shell. Finally, run make also from the DOS prompt.
> Strangely, make is called mingw32-make.exe and msys does some translation.
> Use that name.

I followed your advice and was being able to built Ruby-GTk2 bindings.
The trick is to run extconf.rb under DOS prompt (although I don't understand why?  :-)

I have MSYS under c:\msys and MinGW in c:\msys\mingw.

The libraries are built, but the problem is with pango library - no
characters in GTK widgets :-(

Do you use Ruby-GTK2?

> Hope that helps. And please report if you are successful and how you did
> it on the list.

I'm still in the process, but I'll write small howto for the new users.

Thank you for the help.

Sincerely,
Gour

--