On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Gour wrote:
> However when I tried to build Ruby-GNOME2 bindings, "ruby extconf.rb"
> reports that it cannot find Gobject-2.0 and GCC although they are both
> present, along with other GTK+ libraries.

I've run across my share of these "cannot find gcc.exe" type messages.
Make sure mingw's bin directory is on the path (but I suspect it already
is).

Here's what I usually do: install all header and library files that you
need in the MinGW directory, _not_ in the msys directory (configure with
--prefix=C:/MinGW). After that, run ruby extconf.rb from a DOS prompt,
_not_ from the msys shell. Finally, run make also from the DOS prompt.
Strangely, make is called mingw32-make.exe and msys does some translation.
Use that name.

Hope that helps. And please report if you are successful and how you did
it on the list.

  Tobias