On Monday, March 24, 2003, 4:52:52 AM, Greg wrote:

> Thanks to all of you who answered and cleared up some of my perceptions
> about Python. As a result I've put together some slides introducing Ruby
> to Python programmers (hopefully without any misinformation!).

> This is a 30 minute lecture on Ruby, aimed at 3rd year university
> students who have just learnt Python. Feedback welcome.

> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gregm/secret/ssdi/lectures/

From text12.html (the title says slide 13):

  The Ruby Application Archive has hundreds of downloadable modules
  for specific tasks including ports of nearly all common C/C++
  libraries

Problems:
  - ports?  more like wrappers ("port" implies it has been
    reimplemented in Ruby)
  - "nearly all" common C/C++ libraries?  I doubt it, although
    I could be wrong

Gavin