On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:35:17 +0900, Jim Weirich wrote:
> I suspect that despite all the technical differences between Ruby
> and Python, the indentation issue is single largest reason for
> prefering one over the other.

That is one of two reasons I do not and will not use Python unless
I'm being paid good money to do so. Python tries to force me into
its style rather than adapting to my style. It actively blocks one
of my primary debugging techniques (putting a debug print statement
flush left so that it's easily removed when the problem is fixed).

The other reason is that the OO feels bolted on; it's only slightly
cleaner than Perl's OO, IMO.

-austin, acknowledges that these are "feeling" issues, not technical
         issues
-- Austin Ziegler, austin / halostatue.ca on 2003.03.23 at 21:37:24