On Saturday, March 22, 2003, 8:43:22 AM, Mauricio wrote:

>> > And we have single-handily created the new RAA for code snippets :-)
>>
>> THIS is along the lines of what i was thinking.  i think this approach could
>> yield a large body of really cool ruby code in short order.  if whatever
>> interface was created alowed the snippets to be cross references and rated it
>> could be a *very* usefull database.   let's here it for

> The major advantage I see is that it lowers the barrier to archive the
> snippets. In my own (limited) experience, I've posted some code to
> ruby-talk but only 3 things were actually put in the Wiki, and I'm not
> really sure it is the proper place to store them in (although it is more
> justified if explanations are involved).

There can hardly be a lower barrier to archiving snippets than the
Wiki.  Many or most snippets in the Wiki are marked
"CategorySampleCode", so you can easily browse the list of them (as
well as a regular Wiki search).

I think the community is better served if the person authoring the
snippet puts it in the Wiki first, and then just posts a URL.  Or
perhaps posting the snippet then archiving it right away.

Gavin