I'm sorry this thread has grown OT.

Paul Prescod <paul / prescod.net> wrote:
> Please verify these publically before you teach this stuff to these
> students.

That's what I was asking: for somebody to correct me if I was wrong.
Well I was, I'm very sorry. Thankyou so much for putting me straight. I
don't want to sell Ruby to my students; I want to let them make their
own informed decisions.

> I'm not going to get into an argument about whether Ruby is
> better than Python...

That wasn't my intent. I wanted to clarify some of the differences which
were not merely matters of opinion (hence 'strong' advantages).

> ...but I do know for a fact that Python can do some things that you
> say it cannot.

This is due to my inexperience with Python. I'm sorry. I do not want to
misrepresent Python. The lecturer is a Python expert and he will surely
correct and further mistakes I make regarding Python's details.

> ~/p4/usr/pprescod> cat foo.py

[snip!]

Thankyou again.

--