Mauricio Fern?ndez wrote:

> [snip]
>

>>...any existing instances of Array would then have this method
>>available. In Python, however, I would have to re-define/load the class,
>>then re-instantiate any objects of that type in order to access the new
>>instance method.
>>

>This isn't what can be inferred from http://www.ruby-talk.org/67397.

Actually, from the output of the script included in the message, it
would appear that the kind of dynamic extension I was talking about
isn't possible. Testing it myself, however, I have to concede that it is
indeed possible to dynamically add new methods to a class, and have
those changes percolate out to pre-existing instances.

My apologies to all; it would appear that I have forgotten more (or
never learned as much) about Python than I thought. Feel free to ignore
all my previous and future comments on the issue, except for the syntax
bit, since everyone seems to like that idea ;)

Lennon