NWong72 wrote:
> After trying out several graphics packages I finally settled on using Fox and
> OpenGL for my interface.  I've been scouring the net for documentation on
> related Ruby GUI info.  Are there any out there in English??  Secondly, I was

I'm in the same position, but a few months down the road. Some links I
find helpful:

http://fifthplanet.net/foxdoc-stable/
    (documents the 1.0 branch of fox, which is what FXRuby uses)

http://www.fox-toolkit.org/doc.html
http://fxbook.sourceforge.net/docs/index.php

This seems to list all documentation resources (I just found it myself):

http://www.fifthplanet.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Documentation

And there's a lot of us FXRuby users lurking on the Fox list:

> curious about when the Ruby garbage collector gets called or does that have to
> be done explicitly?  My FXGL GUI gives me a different initial screen each time
> and I'm wondering if variables aren't getting erased in Ruby or if I have to
> reset certain properties in FXGL?

Ruby's GC will get called unless you disable it, which you might want to
do during intense, but brief, operations.

Dunno what could be causing the indeterminacy. The only state maintained
by Fox that I know of is the FXRegistry, but that depends on your
invocation of it.