In article <20030316001530.GG67470 / segment7.net>,
Eric Hodel  <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:

>--vK3aNhhOnFYnG5nq
>
>Phil Tomson (ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com) wrote:
>
>>=20
>> I'm trying to define an operator that takes a block, like:
>>=20
>> a << {puts "Action!"}
>
>why not:
>
>a << proc { puts "Action!" }
>
>--=20

I'm trying create an HDL(Hardware Description Language) using Ruby (RHDL).
Since most users of HDL's aren't
programmers, I'm trying to hide as much Ruby from them as possible (of
course if they really want to learn Ruby that'll help get more power out
of RHDL, but I don't want to scare anyone off by saying they need to
learn Ruby first before they can use RHDL).  So I don't want the users
to have to know about procs.

Phil