On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 05:47:20AM +0900, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, why the lucky stiff wrote:
> > Can anybody help get this sucker compiled on Windows?  Solaris?
>
> When I get this with lynx or with wget I get something that claims
> to be ascii but I can't edit with vim. So I can't test solaris.

That's sourceforge nonsense. When you see a link with a target of
'syck-0.08.tar.gz' you think that would be the actual file, wouldn't you? It
isn't. It's a splash page giving you a choice of download locations.

Follow the link using right-arrow (not 'd') in lynx. You'll get to another
link like
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/yaml4r/syck-0.08.tar.gz?use_mirror=unc
which in turn links to
http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/yaml4r/syck-0.08.tar.gz
which is the actual download on one particular mirror.

Regards,

Brian.