On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, SugHimsi wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 08:43:10 +0900, ahoward wrote:
>
> : http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=library
> :
> : this is my stab at library versioning.
>
> I'm afraid I'm not humble enough, but isn't its name
> too rough -- or at least, too general?

;-)

yes, i though of that.  but if you look into the sources the Library class is
mostly a namespace.  Library::Version, which is 70% of the package, is not too
general; an neither is Library::Loader.  at first, Library was a module but
i didn't like that because :

  a)  people can include it, polluting their namespace
  b)  i envision 'other' library related stuff, perhaps even methods dealing
  with libraries themselves (imagine that) going into this class.  for
  instance i could envsion Library::Installer, Library::Dependancy, etc.

does that make any sense?

-a

--