Am Freitag, 14. M?rz 2003 20:18 schrieb Dave Thomas:
> Because my eyes glazed over during the matrix classes at school, I'm
> having a hard time trying to implement a Singular Value Decomposition
> algorithm in Ruby (or in any language, for that matter). Does anyone
> happen to have the code written that they could share?

I have not tested it, but I think Ruby-GSL offers that.
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~ytsune/Ruby-GSL/
GSL_Matrix#SV_decomp

Generally, if doing linear Algebra madness (blas) and speed is an issue,
I would recommend linking gsl with the atlas lib.
http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/

Good luck,
	-A.

Armin Roehrl, http://www.approximity.com
We manage risk

"In the long run, we're all dead." --Maynard Keynes

First European Ruby conference, 21-22/6, Karlsruhe
http://www.approximity.com/ruby/euruko