On Friday 14 March 2003 12:48 pm, Brian Ingerson wrote:
> It's interesting because Syck is more than a parser, but less than a
> loader. But you could easily build a push/pull wrapper over it, or build
> a loader out of it. I kinda like it. (Especially if it works!)

You can turn implicit typing on or off as you parse, so it really strives to
be both a parser and a loader, if you want it to.  The parsing of implicit
types is separate, so you can use that independantly as well.  (In an XML
parser, for instance. :D)

> I could actually see doing the Perl extension to Syck as
> YAML::Parser::Syck or YAML::Loader::Syck. Eventually I'd want both. I
> think I'll start with the Loader though.

YAML.rb + Syck sports similiar fashion.  YAML::Loader::Syck is the base class
of YAML::Parser::Syck.  A different handler is used in the loader and
implicits are turned off.

_why