On 14/03/03 00:16 -0700, why the lucky stiff wrote:
> citizens,
>
> Here's the deal.  I became sick and delirious about a month ago.  In my
> deranged state, I felt it imperative that I should recode YAML.rb's
> parser in C.  I have just now come to my senses, incident to the
> powerful fumes of a passing onion truck.  And yet, I am sitting before a
> new YAML parser that is as wide and wonderful as any of the world's
> finest onion trucks!
>
> It is like I am an Olympic diver who has developed a serious case of amnesia
> mid-pike.  There is nothing I can do now.
>
> So I am please to present Syck, the new YAML parser/toy on the block.
> I have included Ruby, Python and PHP extensions, though the last two
> need some work.  An OCaml extension is in progress as well.

I took a look at Syck's interface. So you do have your own hashing built
in. It's interesting because Syck is more than a parser, but less than a
loader. But you could easily build a push/pull wrapper over it, or build
a loader out of it. I kinda like it. (Especially if it works!)

I could actually see doing the Perl extension to Syck as
YAML::Parser::Syck or YAML::Loader::Syck. Eventually I'd want both. I
think I'll start with the Loader though.

Good work, Why. I'll be your Perl guy on this. (Aren't I always :)

Cheers, Brian

PS This gives me a good reason to get back into Inline again. All my
projects will some day achieve oneness. Ingytopia. Pass the Dr Bronner's.

Cheers, Brian