Dear Jim, Gabriele, Nobu, Ethan, Sam & Ryan,

Thanks very much for all your polite & helpful suggestions, I guess "Pickaxe" is
entirely accurate in reporting how helpful the Ruby community is!

I am currently evaluating stow & encap, I did not know either existed before
their use was suggested on this list!

After thinking further on the topic, I realised that automatic "uninstall" can
be tricky option to support for all the various flavours of *NIX. Nevertheless,
I like Ethan's suggestion of adding a "generate uninstall make target" into the
automake script for Ruby; Maybe one of the Ruby comitters could consider doing
this?

Anyway, thanks again for your help along the Ruby way;-)

Kind Regards,
Colin Coates.