>>I don't think this is it.  It's failing even to find the DBI MySQL driver,
>>before that driver attempts to use mysql-ruby.
>>
>>If you look in c:\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.6\dbi, is there a directory
>>named DBD and does that directory have a subdirectory named Mysql?
>>And do those directories have exactly that capitalization? ("DBD"
>>and "Mysql")?
>>
>>>  > require 'dbi'

>Ok.  I looked in the directory structure.  Under 1.6 there is a DBD
>and dbi.  There Is NOT a Mysql under dbi.  Under 'i586-mswin32'
>there is a mysql.so but that is all.

Ah.  Then you have mysql-ruby installed, but you don't have DBI's MySQL
driver installed.  The standard DBI install uses setup.rb, so I assume
you're using some other kind of installer?  You might try downloading
DBI from SourceForge and using the regular installation instructions.
That will allow you to specify which drivers you want installed.