From: "Jim Menard" <jimm / io.com>

> If you want to get rid of everything, remove /usr/local/lib/ruby,
> /usr/local/bin/ruby, and /usr/local/bin/irb. That should do it. Of course,
> that will also remove all additional modules you've added.

Thanks for your rapid response Jim!

Obviously, this is a trivial manual task, once you know what to do!

I am still a bit surprised about the lack of an "uninstall" target in make;
since this question has been raised by (at least two) other newbies, please will
one of the Ruby commiters consider adding it? Failing that, maybe it is worth
adding to the Ruby FAQ, maybe in the install section?

Kind Regards,
Colin Coates.