Hello Everyone,

I am a fresh Ruby convert (from a C++, Java & Python etc. background), armed
with a copy of "Programming Ruby" and burgeoning enthusiasm!

Maybe you will permit me a true newbie question: "How do I uninstall a previous
version of Ruby"?

I had previously downloaded ruby-1.6.8.tar.gz to my GNU/Linux machine, and done
the usual "./configure", "make", "make install" dance. Everything worked fine
and I was the happy owner of a shiny and stable Ruby installation.

Now I am getting (too?) adventurous already, and decide to fetch and build Ruby
from CVS.

So to be on the safe side, I want to uninstall the previous Ruby distribution.
Usually this would be acomplished by typing "make uninstall". However, there is
no "uninstall" target in the makefile. I tried Google-ing for the answer and
found a couple of posts from other people making the same observation, but no
solution.

Am I missing something obvious?-)

Kind Regards,
Colin Coates.