peterjohannsen / hotmail.com (pj) wrote:
> > Someone suggested C#; .NET isn't only C# and VB. You could also try
> > out .NET with Smallscript (S#, Smalltalk for .NET).
>
> This intrigued me, and I went to
>   http://www.smallscript.net
> but it is quite difficult to make out what is what.
> Yet, I think you have to agree to a 100k pdf license
> for anything from that site, and it appears to me
> to say you promise to keep everything about the
> language and so forth confidential. This puzzles me
> a bit; what good is a language that you can't talk
> about ? But I am not a lawyer, and I might be
> completely misunderstanding it:
>
>   http://www.smallscript.net/Downloads/SmallScript-TP-LicenseAgreement.pdf

I've asked that in comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy and got the following
answer from David Simmons. (SmallScript, S#, AOS, Agents Object System
are registered trademarks of David Simmons and/or SmallScript Corp.)

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&threadm=3e6daf1e%241%40news.totallyobjects.com&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Dde%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26newwindow%3D1%26group%3Dcomp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy

> That license was written for the original pre-release in 2001.
> There is nothing in the written materials or samples that you are limited to
> for the purposes of discussion or demonstration. The license and related
> materials will be revised when the next updated coinciding with the S#.NET
> tech-preview release is made available.
>
> -- Dave S. [www.smallscript.org]

Here's my own opinion:

SmallScript issues are discussed in the Smalltalk community quite
often. So I would not expect any problems with that part of the
licence.

Cheers
Sascha D÷˛delmann